International Yoga Day is celebrated in the month of June every year.
The day is observed to spread awareness about the manifold benefits of Yoga. The ancient Indian form of exercise is known to offer mental as well as physical well-being to the body. Yoga asanas are a one-stop-shop for a complete body workout without needing any exterior gear or equipment. The exercises can be done indoors and are a combination of breathing and stretching techniques that notice the entire body as well as on the mind. Yoga can get rid of the body of several maladies, strengthen bones and muscles and regulate hormone secretion.
International Yoga Day : 5 Yoga poses for beginners to start the day on a healthy note
If you want to start performing yoga asanas, here are 5 easy and methodical poses for you to try first thing in the morning.
1) Surya namaskar
Surya namaskar is a combination of 12 asanas mentions to as salutations to the sun. The Surya Namaskar is well-known to strengthen the spine and back muscles. It is known to collapse blood sugar levels and improve metabolism and blood circulation.
• To begin one must stand up straight with folded arms in a prayer state.
• Gradually lift your joined hands behind your head and stretch backward perfectly. Then exhale and bend down and touch your palms to the ground.
• Bend your right knee towards your chest and push your left leg back perfectly and inhale.
• Bring your right knee next to your left leg and exhale and hold the plank State.
• Place your body flat on the mat and place both palms on either side of your body and lift your belly up and stretch your head backward and inhale keeping your legs firmly flat on the ground.
• Then transition by lifting your hips up towards the plafond and your palms flat on the ground forming an upturn V and exhale.
• Bend your left knee against your chest and extend your right leg behind you and inhale.
• Finally, bring both legs forward and stand straight, extending your arms behind your head before bringing them back into the initial prayer position.
This pose is mainly to strengthen your abdominal muscles and give relief to your lower back. This pose is popularly known as the cobra pose and aids in losing weight around the belly area. This exercise can be done by:
• Begin by lying down flat on your stomach
• Gradually bring your palms facing down and place them beside your chest
• Apply pressure on your palms and lift your abdomen region slowly
• Inhale from as you lift the upper part of the body and stretch
• Lift your head as behind as you can
• Hold this position for a few seconds
3) Mudra Asana
The mudra asana is the best pose to aid digestion and help stretch the back and strengthen abdomen muscles. If performed in the morning the pose will make strong digestion throughout the day. To do this exercise you begin by:
• Sit in the folded knees state
• Keep both your arms tightly behind your back
• Take a deep breath
• Slowly-Slowly release the breath as you bend forward until your forehead touches the ground
• Hold this state for a few seconds.
• Begin to come back to your original state by slowly inhaling
4) Parsva Sukhasana
This pose is the best for the body to help relieve of anxiety and stress. When done in the morning this exercise is guaranteed to keep your mind calm and peaceful, you can go about your busy day. Here are the steps you should follow:
• Sit with your legs folded in the lotus position or state. Take a deep breath and fold your palms
• Gradually raise the folded palms above your head and take a deep breath
• Exhale and take your palms back in front of your chest
• Keep left arm on the ground and stretch the upper body to the left with right arm above your head stretching in the same states as the body
• Come back to your real position. Then keep your right arm on the ground and stretch your upper body to the right with your left arm stretched above your head in the same direction as your body
• Bring your body back to its real position and keep both arms on your folded legs and start inhaling and exhaling slowly and deeply. Repeat these breathing exercises a few times
This pose is Also known as the plank pose. This pose depends on your back and stomach. It is the best pose by which you can grow made your body and core strength, while it looks simple to do, it takes tremendous effort to hold the position. To do this exercise begin by:
• Carefully Lay down on your stomach
• Peacefully Place arms in front of you and lift the body
• Keep Balance the body on your palms and feet
• Keep your legs straight and ensure your arms are stretched below your shoulders. Place your body in a straight line and hold this position for a few seconds
• Exhale as you lower your body into the resting position